The Cohencentric Photo Caption Contest
The above photo of Leonard Cohen taken July 11, 2015 by Kezban Özcan proved spectacularly popular when posted on this site almost a month ago. A second wave of interest developed consequent to the Aug 1, 2015 publication of my inner dialog-enhanced version of the shot (displayed below).
That ostensibly humorous graphic led Esther Park to observe that “This could become a huge thing – like ‘Texts from Hilary.” and another reader, Nicole, to propose an alternative caption):
“Despite retaking the ‘Which musical artist do you most resemble’ quiz twice, Leonard Cohen’s result remains ‘Madonna’”
So, come up with a caption for this photo that makes me giggle like a schoolgirl, and I’ll post it at Cohencentric.com to earn worldwide admiration and acclaim, trigger waves of cosmic joyfulness, and, no doubt, inspire Leonard Cohen’s next album.
And there’s more: The best entry will receive a print of the original photo signed by Leonard Cohen.
Cohencentric Leonard Cohen Photo Caption Contest: Rules
- The caption can be in “New Yorker” format (below the photo) or comic book style (thought bubble or word balloon). Please specify a preference.
- Email entries to [email protected] before midnight (Eastern) August 15, 2015. The winning entry will be announced Aug 17, 2015.
- Submissions must either be in English or, if in another language, must still be funny after being processed by Google Translate.
- Be aware that the winning entry and some non-winning entries may be posted on this site. The authors of the captions will be credited unless the entry includes a request for anonymity.
- Demographic, Geopolitical, & Affiliative Restrictions: Entrants must be identifiably human and alive at time of submission. Note: “Undead” does not qualify as “alive” and anthropomorphism doth not a human make.
- DrHGuy will choose the winning entry so sucking up, while not mandatory, probably wouldn’t hurt. In regard to this photo contest, DrHGuy has a predilection for captions that reference smartphones, apps, texting, the internet, etc, but if you’ve got another slant on the scene, knock yourself out.
- The winner will receive a print of the photo signed by Leonard Cohen. Yes, really.
More To Follow
I am republishing selected posts from my former Leonard Cohen site, Cohencentric, here on AllanShowalter.com (these posts can be found at Leonard Cohen). This entry was originally posted Aug 5, 2015,