I love to speak with Leonard, He’s a sportsman …
In honor of today’s opening of the Olympic Games [when first posted in 2012], we’re taking a look at some of The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen.
Posts In This Series:
- The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen: Skiing, Skating, & Hockey
- The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen: Racket Sports, Cycling, Golf, & Swimming
- The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen: International Equestrian Events, Thumb Wrestling, Baseball, Gymnastics
- The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen: Hop, Skip, and Jump (Without The Hop & Jump), Archery, Dancing, Running, High Jump, Marksmanship, Urban Games
- The Favourite Games Of Leonard Cohen: Unified Heart Touring Company Teammates
Tennis: In the arena of table-free tennis, Cohen, when he first sought spiritual guidance on Mount Baldy, was advised by Roshi (his spiritual guide) to take up tennis and join a tennis club in Claremont. Despite this and regular play, his game did not improve much.1
Credit Due Department: Thanks to Maarten Massa for access to the photos of a young Leonard Cohen biking and playing golf. Mini Table Tennis photo by Joseph Carenza III.
I am republishing selected posts from my former Leonard Cohen site, Cohencentric, here on AllanShowalter.com (these posts can be found at Leonard Cohen). This entry was originally posted Aug 7, 2012 at 1HeckOfAGuy.com.
- Ira Nadel, Various Positions p 232 [↩]